Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe

Many people ask how I find time to cook every night with twins and I have to say that Campbells is one of my secrets. They have sooo many recipes that are quick, easy, cheap, and delish!!!!

Another secret I have is with being on a budget, I try to save money by preplanning our meals for two weeks at a time. (it always changes depending on what we are in the mood for!) Then when I go grocery shopping I make sure to get the items I will need that are on sale. I always try to stock up on things I know we use alot too.

Here is a link for 10 recipes for under $10. http://www.campbellkitchen.com/mealideas.aspx?rc=911

Anyway, here is one of my favorites that christa made for me after I had the babies and I started making ever since...its an oldie but a goodie and super quick to throw together! I am thinking I might make it tonight! :)

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole Recipe
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular, 98% Fat Free or Healthy Request®)
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions:
Heat the oven to 375°F.
Stir the soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables
in a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
Top with the chicken. Cover the baking dish.
Bake for 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender. Top with the cheese. Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes. Stir the rice before serving.

I serve it with apple sauce for the kids!
Enjoy!

No comments: