Saturday, October 4, 2008

"A career is wonderful thing, but you can't snuggle up to it on a cold night. " - Marylin Monroe

Happy Saturday... the fall weather is here (well, for TODAY anyway!) and I must say I am really enjoying it. There is a 30% chance of rain today as well. I already have the crock pot on and am making yummy beef stew. Last night I lit a bunch of candles and it was so nice and relaxing.


So this week we decided to weigh the babies at their Omas house and Noah is almost 12lbs. Sophia came out around almost 13 pounds. We are so proud of them. It is so amazing watching them grow. They are so different. Noah is very solid and Sophia is well, soft and cuddly. There 4 month shots are coming up soon. I dread those appointments but it will be interesting to see how they are doing compared to their last visit. Their doctor is great. I just love her. She is so great about dealing with all my phone calls and understands I am a new mom with tons of questions and fears. Everyone in that office just loves the twinkies and seeing how they are progressing.

So, I had a physical yesterday and told the doctor I was really concerned about my hearing. Every time my husband talks to me I can't hear him. Well, turns out I past the hearing test with flying colors. It must be selective, hee-hee. LOL Also, as some of you know, my hair is falling out like crazy. She said that is normal and will stop once my hormones are back to normal. If I didn't have so much I would be concerned but its actually nice not to have so much of it. Andrew is a little worried because I keep clogging the shower drain. I told him its normal after a pregnancy! After what I have been through this past year, I am just blessed that it is only my hair falling out that I have to deal with versus many other crazy things that happen to women.

Oh, and while I was at the doctor Andrew decided to take the twinkies to the beauty shop where their Oma works (shes a hair dresser) and she called me later to tell me the twinkies were a big hit. There were several women in there getting there hair set in curlers for the weekend. Andrew said that he set them down in their car seats next to Christas station and he was instantly surrounded by a bunch of old ladies oohing and ahhing. Well, apparently they were all pushing and shoving to see the babies and he was even shoved out of the way! LOL Noah was smiling and flirting with them of course, while Sophia just looked around (she must have missed her mommy!)
Andrew Jr. is doing great in school. He started the 4th grade and FINALLY has a male teacher. We met him at back to school night. He seems overqualified for teaching 4th grade. Andrew really likes him. He is very into technology so the kids will learn how to make movies, computers, etc. When he has tests they even use electronical devices to answer the multiple choice questions. Crazy isn't it? This year will be interesting. He made sure to tell us that he will never send him home with an unexpected essay or project. THANK GOODNESS. I can not believe he is going to Camp Hi-Hill next year! The years fly by too fast.
As you can see from the above picture, Noah loved his Soothie pacifier. Well, I had tried to get him to convert to the orthopedic paci and they both weren't having it! Christa mentioned that we should switch because the soothies are so big and not cute for Church. I agreed. So Noah and I had a long talk about it and as you can see below he agreed as well. He is a happy camper with his new pacifier. :) Sophia on the other hand thinks I am crazy and uses her tongue to push it out. She is very happy with her soothie. I will keep trying. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another twin mom posted this on her blog ... I thought it was hilarious because it is true....whenever Andrew and I go anywhere we are instant celebrities. I get annoyed and keep walking while Andrew soaks up all the attention and of course loves it! ;0)

Stupid Twin Questions:

I walk the neighborhood quite a bit. I go shopping and I am always out. People are annoying. People will jump in front of your cart just to talk, like I have nothing better to do. They try and grab your kids from you, complete strangers ask to hold your newborns and everyone has a question or a statement that they really think is original. I have been known to shoot nasty looks after FIVE people in a row ask me the same questions. I don't really give these answers all the time, most times I ignore people.

Q. Are they twins? A. No, they are 4 years apart and he is just small for his age.
Q. Are they REALLY twins? A. No, I adopted him because he looked like her.
Q. Are the identical? A. No, his penis is a lot bigger than HERS.
Q. How do you tell them apart? A. Its that pesky penis thing...
Q. Do you dress them alike? A. Yes, he loves to wear dresses and the color pink.
Q. He must be older. A. No, she is. He kicked her out first.
Q. He must have stole all the food! A. Yes and now we are starving him for revenge.
Q. Are they natural? A. No, they don't even bleed!
Q. Did you use fertility treatments? A. Yes, lots of viagra and red wine.
Q. Did you have help? A. Yes, my husband would like to think he had a hand in it.
Q. Did you have them vaginally? A. Shouldn't you buy me dinner first?
Q. Who is the bad one? A. She is, she has this plot to take over the world by age 3. Q. What are they? A. Babies
Q. Are they siamese? (asked when they were in a sling.) A. Yes, we only take them apart to clean them.
Q. You have your hands full! A. Yes and instead of gawking at me, open the damn door!
Q. Better you than me! A. Yes, I agree.
Q. Are they your first? A. Yes, ignore the 7 year-old holding my hand. He doesn't really exsist.
Q. Did you want twins? A. No, but they wouldn't accept returns.
Q. Did you know you were having twins? A. Yes, they sent me a letter before they were born.
Q. Are you done? A. Why, are you offering?
Q. Can I have one? A. Yes but you have to take all three of my children, my two dogs, mother-in-law, my husband and all of my bills.
Q. How can you breast feed them both? A. Well, I have two breasts.
Q. How do you do it? A. I don't. I lock them in a closet until I want some attention then I bring them to Target.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is Noah and Sophia on the blankets that AUNT CLAIRE made them. Don't worry Aunt Annie yours is coming soon. ;)...
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Don't forget to start costume and pumpkin shopping!


"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa



HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY KERI! hee hee

No comments: