

Saturday was all about my baby boy Noah... we went to the NICU birthday party. It was very emotional seeing all of the families that had been through the same thing as us. There had to be over 500 people. It brought back many memories of just a short time ago of him being in there (21 days to be exact!) If you have ever had a child in the NICU you know what I mean. If felt so good to know they all made it through just like our Noah bear.
The best part was we got to see our favorite NICU nurse, Rachel. She was Noahs first nurse. She was so great to him and more than that she gave us HOPE! I remember walking in there everyday to see him and just feeling such a sense of hopelessness and vulnerability to the fact that my son was hooked up to this machine and I had to leave him there with all these people I didn't know. It tore my heart into a million pieces. She also was the one who taught me how to change his diaper and feed him. He was 3 pounds for the love of God. I was so scared I was going to hurt him. Again, she gave me hope. She understood how we felt and reassured us every day that he was going to be just fine and home in no time at all. Even when shifts would change (or she was on a break) she would call us to see how we were and give us a status update on our baby boy. I will forever remember her and how she was so willing to go above and beyond her call of duty. That is a real nurse. I was so glad to see her and give her a big hug and thank her for everything she does for the parents and especially those precious little premies. She was just as excited to see us and see how big our miracle baby boy is now!!!!!
Anyhow, now that I am in tears again, It was a great party ... I even signed up to help plan next years event. We really do have so much to be thankful for!!!!
Here are a few photos. Enjoy.
Proud Parents:

Proud brother:

Proud Sister and Dolphin:


Update on Nathan: Saddly Nathan(my binxy bear) is still in the hospital with Pnuemonia and a blood infection. We went to visit him after the NICU party. It really broke all of our hearts to see him in such pain. We are praying for you Nathan and love you so very much. Stay strong honey and you will be home in no time.
For other news... My brother Greg and his family had to be evacuated from his home in Yorba Linda due to the horrible fires. However, they are all safe and he even had time to grab their new dog. We are still waiting to see if he is able to go back home. I am pretty sure his house will be fine, however, I am extremely saddened for all of the people that lost their homes.
After the NICU party the twinkies were waiting patiently while mommy prepared for the baptism festivities. :) Their shirts say "little sister" (aka the princess) and "little brother" (aka trouble)... so true!!! Mommy had to take some pictures... look how cute they are.

Here is a picture of Keris son Christian in his Karate class. So cute.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the baptism photos and update. xoxo
1 comment:
Hi Jeana, Thank you for updating us on you and the Twinkies! I enjoy reading all your daily activities at the Gekas house or where ever you may be.. It's like reading the daily newspaper but more exciting. You can call it the "Daily Gekas Gazette". We had a wonderful time at the Baptism. I especially loved the choir . It was a beautiful ceremony and Mass.The party was great too . There certainly was no shortage of food was there? We had a great time.Love you, Auntie Helen
Post a Comment