Saturday, November 14, 2009

She's lucky she is so darn cute...

So, we had been noticing any time we went near Miss Brandys ear she would yelp. We let it go and watched it used peroxide here and there. I knew (mothers instinct) she had an ear infection. It didn't get better. So, yesterday, Andrew took her to the vet and $240 dollars and 5 medications later here she is in all her glory. Its just crazy how much money I have spent on this dog that I have had for 12 years!!!!! She is such a pretty lady though and without her here it would not be a complete family. Everyone loves her so much.

Check out the twinsies...and their matching pink bows: What? Noah wanted to match her too (at least its a blue barrett!)
I like this one... are you gonna eat it or am I?
In other news, we also have two teethers. I noticed they were both really cranky and messing with their mouths and I gave them each hylands teething tablets at dinner and some baby tylenol before bed. They went to bed just fine but around 11:30pm Sophia started crying really bad so I went in and she had THE biggest meltdown I have ever seen in a child. I couldn't figure out what to do for her. Normally I can soothe her back by rubbing her back or getting her some water and sneaking out right back in to bed. I swear it was like the devil took over. She was arching her back, throwing herself around in her crib so I picked her up she was trowing herself on the floor, crying like I have never heard very loudly, she wouldnt look at me, and nothing I could do would help. Not even putting her in our bed. I was crying with her it was sooo bad. I have never seen her like this. So, I thought about taking her to emergency. What if she has an ear infection (which either of them have NEVER HAD!) or a bladder infection? Then I remembered my Aunt Claire telling me about a similar story of taking one of my cousins to emergency and the doctor telling her she experienced her first tantrum. Ha!!!! So, I dug deeper into my motherly instinct ...I didn't take her. I trusted my gut that everything was fine and that she simply was teething and not happy and in pain and needed to cry and yell about it like us women do. So, I sang, held her, rubbed her back, gave her some orajel, and went to find a teething ring in the freezer... there were none. (they used them all during the day and mommy forgot to refreeze them! shame on me!) WHAT TO DO? I grabbed an otter pop and threw it to her UNOPENED of course! She instantly was the happiest baby I have ever seen. I took her to her crib (with the otter pop) I left the room to go lay in bed wondering if she was going to figure out how to open it but nope she went right to sleep. Never heard a peep out of her. I felt really bad in the morning like "omg I just gave my child an otter pop to calm her down!!!!!!!" So, Andrew woke up when he heard them yelling "Dad" which they do every morning really loudly around 7:00ish. He picks them up changes their diaper, feeds them some breakfast, then brings them in to mommy for some hugs on the bed and cartoons. I love our mornings. Anyway, sorry I am getting side tracked. So I tell him in guilt... I gave Sophia an otter pop last night to calm her down and he said I know I found on her bedroom floor. LOL. Was he not going to ask me about it? I thought it was so hilarious. It was then that I realized we mommies have to do what we have to do and the dads don't question it bec they just know we are awesome! Ha. Whatever works is sometimes the option we have to choose. The next morning she was fine. Like nothing ever ever happened.

So, what I learned from this experience was that giving the hylands teething tablets and tylenol to help with the pain could be the cause and backfiring. So, I stopped giving them anything and now everyone is finally getting some sleep round here! It has been a few days of uninterrupted beauty sleep! Now everytime I see an otter pop it makes me laugh. I also learned that I am getting good at this whole mommy thing! ;)

Sophia loves playing with her lil kitchen while mommy cooks.

Here she is miss sassy pants with the cutest pony tail I have ever seen!

Noah decided to dump all their toys out and then they decided to get in. Oh and yes we were short on laundry and he is wearing his sisters pj's! What? How is your laundry situation? HA HA! He does look good in pink!



See :)Noah is very "serious" about eating... lol.But not as serious as her!!!! BTW, she LOVES chicken parmagiana and fettechine alfredo! Homemade Chicken Parmigiana
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/3 cup minced onion
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
3 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 2 minutes. Pour in diced tomatoes and sugar. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the sauce has simmered, stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Lower heat and keep sauce warm
Stir together bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, and dried oregano; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons milk until blended. Dip chicken breasts into the egg, then press into breadcrumb mixture to coat both sides, shaking off excess.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook on both sides until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), and the bread crumb crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes.

Put chicken on top of foil on baking sheet cover with sauce and cheese heat till cheese is melted.
Let stand a few minutes before serving. YUM!!!!!!!!

Fettechine Alfredo

1/2 C Margarine or Butter

1 C Cream

1-1/2 C Parmesan cheese

1/2 Tsp Salt

1 Dash white pepper

Romano cheese to taste

Directions:

Heat cream and butter until melted. Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper. Combine noodles and sauce or buy the jar of it! :)

OK, I better go do laundry before the babies wake up! ;)

2 comments:

Labay Family said...

Hi! I just became a follower of your blog although I have been reading it for a few months now. I am also a Mommy to b/g twins that are just a few months younger than your two little ones. I came across your blog on the TwinStuff forum when I was looking for ideas for our First Birthday party (I got my cupcake theme from you)! Anyway, I love your blog and also just to let you know, my Camron has worn his Sissy's PJ's too when I get behind on laundry. :)

♥ sarah said...

omg your twins are too cute!!!

those recepies look great too! i love italian. thanks for sharing!
xoxo