Monday, August 18, 2008

This just in...




so, we went to the doctor today for the twinkies 2 month check-up...we are proud to announce that Sophia weighed in at 8.5lbs and Noah weighed in at 7.2lbs. They are growing like wild fire. I love it!


Anyway, so they got their immunization shots and they handled it like champs. Mommy not so much. Aunt Claire warned me that it would be hard because it is the first time you actually hear the "I'm in pain" cry... boy was she right! I held their hands during the process but couldn't watch. I just kept telling them "mommys here... you're ok!" They screamed and when it was over they were fine.


Afterall, the doc said they are doing great and she will see them again in 2 more months for the 4 month check-up.


So this weekend was our first big outting. We went to Uncle Jim's retirement party. The twinkies got all dressed up in their new outfits from Aunt Annie. Aunt Helen did a great job decorating, they catered baja sonora (our fav!) and the steel band was awesome playing reggae and jimmy buffet style music. We need more people to retire! Who's next?
The babies did extremely well with all the people and loud music. They just loved meeting their great aunts and uncles and great cousins. Sophia slept the whole time only waking to eat and Noah was up watching everything and giving Aunt Annie a hard time. She handled it so well and loved every minute of it I'm sure! :)
As they have gotten bigger their personalities are becoming more apparent. Noah enjoys relaxing and is more independent. He likes to challenge himself and explore things with his newly found hands. Sophia is more high maintenance. She loves attention, she loves listening to lullabies and looking around with her newly found eye sight. She enjoys being comforted and loves to give and get kisses. She loves kangaroo time!!!

We have added a new hobby to our daily routine..besides watching our baby Einstein video and listening to Mozart... we have started reading! as you can see Noah loves it!


Sophia started smiling this week and I am such a proud mommy! She can't let her brother be the shining star in all the pictures. hee-hee.



Andrew Jr. has been such a great big brother. He is always asking if he can feed the babies or watch them and he is such a natural. Believe it or not he has taught us a few things ... He really does such a great job helping and it is so sweet to see him bond with them. He calls Sophia his "angel" and Noah is his "baby boy." I can't wait to see their relationship evolve over time. It is just precious. I enjoy his help and the extra set of hands. :)


We have made an extra effort to include him on everything so he doesn't feel left out. Andrew has also started "father- son day" so that Jr. can have his daddy all to himself at least 2 days out of the month. This gives Jr. something to look forward to and plan for on his weeks with his mom.

well, that is it for now. I will post more soon. .. off to cuddle with the bambinos. xoxo

No comments: