Friday, July 4, 2008

Our little blessings from above...




Happy 4th of July,

Wanted to give you all an update on our twinkies... it has been one week today - 6/27/08- since our joyous gifts from heaven were born...

~Sophia Marie (6:22pm) and Noah Thomas (6:23pm)~

Noah is still in the hospital and expected to come home very soon. He had to stay because of the variance in weight from him and his sister. Sophia was 4lbs 10oz 18" and he was lbs. 3lbs 3oz 16". The doctors were keeping an eye on the variance from the first ultrasound the did on the date I entered the hospital for bedrest, then they compared it to the one they did 3 weeks later and noticed he was not gaining like her and that is the reason they suggested doing an immediate c-section. It is not uncommon with twins for one to get more food than the other. Anyway, Mommy and Daddy go to see him everyday and he is doing great in the "fat farm!"so they call it. Today they took out his feeding tube because he has learned to eat so well on his own. He breastfed for the first time today like a champ. I am so proud of my baby boy. While it breaks my heart he is in there we know he is in the best place possible...and the nurses are in love with him ... and of course he is loving the attention (just like his Daddy!) He will be home soon and I can not wait to be one big happy family!

Sophia is just the cutest little princess... she already has us all wrapped around her little finger. Andrew and Jr. are head over heals for her and I have to fight them off of her at times. :) She is such a good baby girl. So far, she only cries when she really needs something and the rest of the time she sleeps and is content. Sometimes I catch my self just staring at her for hours oooing and ahhing at every lil face she makes. I feel like I am dreaming...I love being a mommy and can't wait to see my two little bundle of joy grow more and more each day. I am up and walking around and healing quickly but mostly resting. Both Andrews have been so helpful around the house and have really made it really easy on me to just rest and enjoy being a Mommy. Its amazing all the motherly instincts that suddenly apprear when you don't think you have the answers. Oh and yes, both babies look very much alike and came out looking just like their daddy! I know bec everyone tells me so. However, I think they have my ears?

Anyway, that is our update for now...thank you to all of you for your generosity, thoughtfulness, and support during this journey. I don't think I could have survived the past month with out it... I really appreciate it and will never forget it! We are up for visitors, so please call us soon.

Please going forward use my personal e-mail addy: jeanagekas@yahoo.com Also, we have a new family blog now: http://gekastwins.blogspot.com/

Dreams do come true!

Love Always,
Proud Parents ~Andrew & Jeana
Big Brother ~Andy Jr.
Guard Dogs ~ Brandy & Peepers
XOXO

4 comments:

Its A Corny Life... said...

Congratulations on the twins! I have been checking my email obsessively awaiting an update. The babies are beautiful, as are their names. What a journey, huh? So glad I have had the priviledge of sharing it with you. And just think...in 3 short months my twins will be here and then we can have playdates! Yay!

Lots of love,
The Corntassels

jojo said...

I am so proud and happy for you. I haven't met Noah yet and can't wait to. Sophia has already stole my heart, I think of her often since I visited thursday. We love you all!

Anonymous said...

Jeana and Andrew, We are SO, SO happy for you. Sophia and Noah are beautiful additions to the family. We can't wait to meet our newest neice and nephew.Love and Hugs...
Philip and Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jeana I've never been happier for anyone as I am for you and your family right now. You've waited so long and gone through so much to get where you are today... a mommy! And how perfect it all worked out. Your children are beautiful and truly god sent. Sophia and Noah are lucky to have you and Andrew as parents. I love you very much and am always here to help out. Congratulations!

BFF Forever,
Erin and Jack